Monday, April 28, 2014

Runnin' on the struggle bus!

  This weekend myself and 3 other friends from the class ran a half-marathon in the Music City Marathon in Nashville. The run was for a really good cause, it was to help St. Jude. If you ever get a chance to help the children of St. Jude you should! St. Jude does such a wonderful job with research in the fields of pediatric cancer.  They have the best success rates in the country! St. Jude is in Memphis and hopefully we will get to do a rotation through there and get to help these brave kids!

  Now back to the race. Whew, I am glad that it is over! In case you didn't know, a half-marathon is 13.1 miles. 13.1 very hilly, curvy, and long miles! The scenery was beautiful as we ran through downtown Nashville and were able to listen to bands the whole race. There were a lot of people lined along the course cheering as you ran by as well. Over 24,000 people finished the race. It was such a good weekend spent with friends and family. I am very glad that I did this race and hopefully can do it again next year!
The group!
I've got no explanation
The Batman Building!
I'm pretty sure I'm half dead here




No comments:

Post a Comment